As a small, friendly organization, Canmore Coho Swim Club relies on parent volunteers. Don’t run away! It is FUN being involved, it keeps you connected with your child’s swim experiences and allows you to connect with new families and donate your valuable time to an amazing cause!
Once again, the club's focus is on fostering a spirit of involvement with the parents. Swim meets, especially, require many helpful parent hands, and we as a club need our focus to be on filling volunteer spots.
The Club has a point system, allowing the volunteer jobs to be clearly defined and easily tracked.
The volunteer requirements are as follows:
All families are asked to complete Introduction to Swimming Officiating Clinic (formerly known as Level 1) of the Alberta Summer Swimming Association Officials training.
Jr Coho (Group 1)
- 1 shift at Coho swim meet (you are welcome to find a friend to help out with this if you'd prefer to stay with your child).
- 1 Silent Auction item for the Canmore Coho Swim Meet July 20, 2019 (minimum value of $30). This is optional; however, we encourage all our families to contribute as it makes for lots of variety at our Swim Meet!
Competitive Swimmers Groups 2 - 4
Points per swimmer required:
- 1 swimmer – 12 points
- 2 swimmers – 14 points
- 3 swimmers – 17 points
- Sign up for at least one shift at the Canmore Coho Swim Meet July 20, 2019
- 1 Silent Auction item for the Canmore Coho Swim Meet July 20, 2019 (minimum value of $30).
- No volunteering is required, however, we WELCOME and encourage you to take part.
- Your swimmer(s) are welcome and encouraged to take part in our Canmore Coho Swim Meet July 20, 2019, and we would welcome and encourage your participation in our Silent Auction and working a shift at our swim meet.
The Canmore Coho Swim Meet is on July 20, 2019. It runs Friday night and all day Saturday. This is our biggest weekend of the season and we rely on 100% of our members to volunteer. Please consider the time spent as an investment to your child(ren)!
To ensure that parents meet their commitment, we ask for a $350 bond – to be provided at the Information Night March 19, 2019 at Elevation Place. This bond is destroyed at the end of the swim season when volunteer points have been achieved. Ultimately it is the responsibility of each parent (family) to fulfill their volunteer commitments.
As volunteer opportunities arise, they will be posted on the website.
To see an overview chart of positions, a brief description, and point value, please click here.